Arriving on September 1, 2017 - Departing on September 11, 2017
This art retreat immerses you in the
picturesque Dordogne region, a lovely rural area known
for its rustic beauty and culinary heritage. In the heart
of Dordogne, all of France’s provincial charms are preserved in some of Europe’s most beautiful and intact medieval villages. Come enjoy the beauty of the provinces,
the winding back roads and charming village squares.
In addition, to ensure a very personal experience and lots
of individual instruction we are limiting this workshop to
only 15 students. If you have never painted outdoors, this
is the workshop for you.
This is a watermedia workshop—anything watermedia –I will demo in watercolor
and sometimes acrylic, texture gels or collage. It’s great fun to put a lot of diversity
into our journals/paintings. Whether you are an experienced artist or just painting
on location for the first time, I will do my utmost to make you feel comfortable!
During your stay at Le Vieux Couvent you can work in the studio, relax by the pool and the
rambling gardens or explore the local countryside. You’ll enjoy unique excursions for painting, touring and shopping. In the evening we enjoy aperitifs and
discussion of the day, followed by a gourmet dinner of regional French and
A taste of your visit to Le Vieux
- Visit Souillac for the colorful market, the domed 16th century
church, and perhaps a taste at the Eau de Vie distillery museum.
- Enjoy the bustling market in Sarlat, renowned for its architecture
spanning 5 centuries.
- Visit Rocamadour, a historic pilgrimage site perched on a limestone cliff, with one of the most dramatic settings of any village in
- Take a day trip to see 14,000 year old world famous cave paintings at Pech Merle. These caves will be closed to the public soon
so this is a unique privilege for us.
- Discover the Dordogne, visit Chateau Baynac. Relax and lunch
beside the river, then drive back to LVC via Roquegageac and
Domme. Time for sketching, photos.
What's included on this Creative
- Ten night's lodging (single or shared occupancy)
- All meals except two lunches and one dinner out
- Gourmet dinners
- Transport to unique painting sites
- 24 hour use of the art studio and extensive art
- Round trip transport to Toulouse International Airport or
Gourdon train station
- Services of bilingual guides
Prices to be announced.
To enroll, or for more information including prices, please
contact us via our :
Contact page, by E-mail, or by Phone +33
565 245 013.